GO LITE FARES:
1. Why is Cebu Pacific offering a different fare, i.e., Go Lite fare for guests with no checked baggage?
Here are a couple of reasons why we offer a Go Lite fare:
Guests pay only for the service they need – Previously, the cost of checked baggage was included in every fare. Guests with no checked baggage subsidize guests with checked baggage. Now, guests with no checked baggage can save on fares.Improve efficiency at airport check-in – Fewer bags to check-in will improve check-in efficiency and shorten queues at the airport.Save on fuel costs – Less weight equals less fuel to burn.
Continue to offer lowest year-round fares – When guests bring only what they need, Cebu Pacific fuel costs will go down. With lower costs, we can continue to afford offering very low fares.
2. What are Go Lite fares?
This is a discounted fare offered to guests with no checked baggage at time of booking/ seat purchase.
3. How much is the fare discount on Go Lite fare?
Go Lite fare is PhP200 lower than Go fares. The Go Lite discount is to be applied on a roundtrip fare and not to be sold on a per sector basis (in all channels). The only time it will be sold on a per sector basis is when guest is booking a one-way flight.
4. When will this policy take effect?
This will be available for bookings made starting September 2, 2008.
5. How does this work?
At time of booking, guests with no checked baggage may avail of the Go Lite fare instead of purchasing a Go fare. This means that guests will not be bringing checked baggage along on the flight. In short, guests agree to 0kg Free Baggage Allowance (FBA).
6. What if a guest who purchased a Go Lite fare brings checked baggage on the day of the flight?
Guests will then have to pay a PhP400 baggage reinstatement fee for checked baggage within FBA. If guest exceeds FBA, then standard excess baggage rate will apply to the excess.
7. Why do guests need to pay a baggage reinstatement fee?
Guests have to pay a baggage reinstatement fee to reinstate the guest’s free baggage allowance which they did not avail when he availed of the Go Light fare.
8. Other airlines are not doing this yet; how come Cebu Pacific is implementing this policy?
We want to continue to offer the lowest year-round fares by keeping costs low for all our guests. With increasing fuel costs, we would like to encourage guests to travel light and pay only for the service they use.
Most low cost carriers in Europe and the US charge for checked baggage. The traditional carriers incorporate this in ticket prices. With Cebu Pacific, you have the choice of availing this service.
9. Is there a discount on airfare if guests will not bring hand luggage?
None. Discounted airfare only applies to checked baggage.
10. What if I refuse to pay for my checked baggage?
Unpaid checked baggage shall be left behind. Please do note that unattended or abandoned baggage shall be endorsed to aviation police stationed at the airport.
11. Can this be transferred to another guest?
Go Lite fares are non-transferable.
12. Are Go Lite fares refundable?
Yes, Go Lite fares are refundable but it is also subject to refund penalties.
13. Will I get compensated if my baggage is mishandled and will I then be entitled for a refund of the excess baggage charges and/ or baggage reinstatement fee?
Our existing policies on mishandled baggage shall apply. The excess baggage charges and/ or baggage reinstatement fee shall be non-refundable.
14. How do I avail of Go Lite?
When booking your flight, just indicate that you are not bringing checked-in bags; then you will be able to immediately avail of the Go Lite fare. This has to be availed at the point of booking.
15. How about bookings made before September 2 and their respective Free Baggage Allowances?
We will honor your 20-kilogram Free Baggage Allowance (FBA) if you made your booking before September 2. The new FBA of 15 kgs will apply to new bookings made on September 2, 2008 onwards.
16. What if I availed of a Go Lite fare and brought a luggage for check-in to the airport?
We will still allow you and your luggage to board the plane, but there will be a baggage reinstatement fee of P400.00 for your checked-in bag and this will cover your 15-kilogram Baggage Allowance.